A perfect morning, with just the warm sun… was all set to start a fresh day at work; I knew I had a busy one ahead.
Opened my emulator with this always forgotten password of mine…started my day just as usual… with my headphones on for music! And all set to start work!
My playlist as always….started with Glenn Medeiros’ Nothings gonna change my love….’,just a bit more intrigued than usual… I randomized the playlist.
The next song that played was also one of my favorites – ‘A thousand years’ by Sting. A song so full of love!
‘A thousand years, a thousand more,
A thousand times a million doors to eternity
I may have lived a thousand lives, a thousand times
An endless turning stairway climbs
To a tower of souls
If it takes another thousand years, a thousand wars,
The towers rise to numberless floors in space
I could shed another million tears, a million breaths,
A million names but only one truth to face…’
A song so desperately in love!....
Just then it struck!!! I too had written something about ‘a thousand years’…. Now this got me thinking hard. I had written this, sure less than a thousand years back! But it kind of eluded my memory!
I had almost forgotten I could do a bit of inditing as well! Now was that a surprise??
Din’t know my memory was so bad at remembering my own creation…. I could remember it starts something like ‘ A thousand years from now…’
But just cudnt get beyond that…. Gosh, was I so bad with words????
Finally thunder struck after more than half hour of backtracking!!….and this is how it goes –
‘A thousand years from now...
When I have changed to dust and rain...
I hear you whisper low...
I but will stir again!’
Now, I don remember the last time I had written something like that. I even doubt I had written that now!!
If you ask me now, I would probably be spell bound! Out of words!!! You need to think differently to even put those words together!
I thought people go mature as they grow older…. but am I taking my steps backward?
People can grow up….but can they change??? Well if I could, then the entire world can!
I really don’t know; hope I am still the same! Respecting people and emotions!!
Just retrospecting …
I liked this a lot when I wrote it – ‘In the cries of the blood even the knife feels to forgive’.
And jus remembered one more - 'A touch to reality diminishes the beauty of dreams.'
No comments:
Post a Comment