Motivation, what is it?
As all books quote, ‘it paves the way to success’.
When I say success it just does not talk about professional life. You need to be motivated in every walk of life.
I strongly believe to even smile at someone with a ‘Good Morning’ you need to be motivated.
It all boils down to goal setting. I remember a saying that goes – ‘Make a list of everything you want now, and then plan on spending the next twenty-five years of your life getting it, slowly, piece by piece.’
Though this just simply puts forth the importance of long term goals, short term goals play an inevitable role in our success. And talking about short term goals, it goes down to something as small as saying ‘Hi’ to the first person with whom you make an eye contact! It simply does wonders.
For instance, I was getting back home after a hard day’s work, totally drained, grumbling with hunger and what more than being caught in the traffic. I was cursing my stars when this probably 2 year old kid in the car near by started waving at me. Almost involuntarily, when I waved back, he just started throwing flying kisses at me! Believe me I just couldn’t stop smiling. And I had suddenly forgotten I was drained, hungry and ready to kill anyone who pressed my hot buttons!
And miraculously, and almost in no time was I home! I am not coming to say the kid was the reason the traffic cleared and I reached home. Simply trying to say that I was motivated by that kid’s smile! His positive vibes attracted me; simply saying ‘life’s like that but I aint gonna stop loving you’.
As Mr. Adi Godrej, Chairman of the Godrej Group, had so humbly accepted, ‘he’s learning a lot from his grandchild’, children have the best kind of motivation ever!
This is just a 5 year old observation; I might be on the wrong side as well!
Its not just children, I think I was open minded enough realize anyone younger than me was motivated enough to infuse their positive vibes into me. I realized I was a hard-stone from an 11th standard kid. I understood smile is the most infectious disease you could spread and continue to be infected from a 1 year old nephew! I realized remembering what you did that morning is almost impossible when you are hungry from an 8 year old brat!
Now getting to where we started, goal setting gets you back on track, and yes it involves a lot of self analysis. We need to get down to the ground basics of what you want in life, what you have achieved, what made you achieve…
Basically getting down to knowing the driving force that molded you into what you are today! I am sure there is intelligence, attitude, skills, talent and what not. But to realize you’ve got all these you need to be motivated.
Well talking about being motivated, how would you know you are?
Well motivation in my eyes is just a feeling, an inner voice always saying ‘Go ahead, life’s like that’!
They say God worked like a locksmith; a locksmith never makes a lock without a key, God never gives us problems without solutions!
Motivation is just realizing you need to find the right key, however big the lock is!
2 comments:
Hey good one... have always wondered what would be the motivatinng factor behind a guy who cuts onions day after day at a road side shop or the traffic police at a busy joint or a waiter who gets yelled at, every day in his life... they probably think
‘Go ahead, life’s like that’! :)
keep going!
hey fats... i didn't know u could write so well ;-)...haha - ok, just kidding. now i'm serious tho - the article on motivation was too good. i would love to read more of ur articles on ur blog... hope this gives u enough motivation to keep going :-)!! take care!!
Post a Comment